Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Finds

I have lived in Indiana pretty much all my life and yet come every Autumn, I find myself breathless and in awe of the trees.


From when I can first remember, being a small girl and placing my tiny hand in the soft palm of my Grandpa's to crunch and laugh through the golden leaves on a walk uptown to the book store, to when I was a snarky teen talking about how boring my hometown was, I always, always noticed the crisp change in the air, smelled a distant backyard burning of leaves and twigs, and knew that Autumn was upon us.





The most wonderful tidbit about this late afternoon stroll I took to capture these photos is that they are all right outside my door. Our little neighborhood is alive with color, as well as little friends who are happy for fur-coat friendly weather.


I hope to capture a few more trees in all their colorful glory before the last leaf descends to the earth, but if not... this could very well tide me over until Fall 2011...





Because she's Awesome.


Sweet Dreams, Friday.


"Autumn is a second Spring where every leaf is a flower."  ~Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment