Monday, October 4, 2010

Librafest

In the past few months since acquiring my new friend Olympus, I have been schooled in my ways of photography as far as what is comfy and where my confidence lies.  My camera has taught me that I really enjoy photographing children, and children have taught me that somewhere deep inside nearly everyone, there is a child inside saying, "look at me! take MY picture, look what I can do! look how nice I look in this outfit!"
The only difference is after the photo is taken, the child typically moves onto the next antic or pose, whereas the adult says- "let me see that picture you just took, I'm sure I look fat/pale, wasn't smiling... think I blinked!"
I get it, because I am the same way, and because I'm the same way, I can promise you, family and friends, that I will never keep an unsightly photo of you.  If it were me in the photo and I didn't like the way I looked, I wouldn't want it in someone's blog, let alone on a social networking site.
I am very lucky in that so far, I seem to have a whole family full of folks that don't shy away from my lens.  And as it seems, I am also collecting friends who have seen my blog, and are quite happy with contributing themselves.

So with  no more ado, I would like to announce that an awesome girlfriend turned the Big 3-0.

Happy Birthday, Amber!
Friends came together on a chilly, rainy (prefect) October evening to help celebrate.


I have been honored to call Amber a friend for well over a decade now.  Being my sister's best friend and the two of them being 10 years younger than me, I was there for many milestones.  I taught them how to apply makeup. I gave advice as best as I could, took them to dance clubs and safely brought them home. I was there when they started relationships and had babies.

And oh... the babies...



Mary and Amber were the luckiest friends to have had babies so close in age.  They will grow together and experience much of what life has to offer side by side, just like their mamas have.


Other friends joined the party and with them came more littles, and I was excited. I saw so many photo opps that my camera battery bit the dust just before the candles were blown out, but... the moments I did capture were just delicious.








You see, I just can't get enough.



I may have gone a little off topic there, but I hope this blog entry is one more gift for you, my sweet friend, moments captured in time of those celebrating 30 wonderful years of you.

 Happy Birthday, dear Amber, Happy Birthday to you!


"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." ~Buddah

No comments:

Post a Comment